Worsley Golf Club is a private members club, located only 6 miles from the centre of Manchester. It was formed in 1894 and was redesigned by the renowned golf course architect, James Braid in 1937. We have over 600 members, who praise the quality of our course and the friendly atmosphere within the club, as their principal reasons for their continued membership. We have invested heavily in the course and the clubhouse to ensure an exceptional golfing experience. We are looking for an experienced General Manager whose visionary leadership will result in making Worsley Golf Club the preferred course of choice for our members, their guests and visitors alike. Role Summary: The primary purpose of the General Manager’s role is to be the key link between the Board and the day-to-day operations of the Club. Reporting to the Chair of the Board and working alongside the Club Professional and the Head Greenkeeper, the General Manager must ensure that all decisions, activities, and investments meet the vision and strategy set by the Board. In addition, this role is critical in maintaining a welcoming, member-focused experience through the core business areas.
We are looking for a General Manager who can lead our team to ensure we provide high quality services to all members and visitors. We are a 7-day a week operation and the GM will be required to work on a flexible basis to suit the activities of the club.
You will be responsible for:
· The smooth running of the Club, during the post Covid era of rebuilding
· The successful implementation of the Club’s strategy developed in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
· The coaching, development and performance management of our Clubhouse and Office/Administration staff
· The delivery of successful sales and marketing campaigns
· Health, safety, and environment
· Cost control against agreed budgets.
You will possess…
· A good understanding of the golf and hospitality industries
· A track record of developing a culture of service excellence to deliver a consistent, high quality and enjoyable experience.
· Experience of managing a diverse team through strong performance management, objective setting and appraisal.
· Commercial and financial acumen with a good knowledge of sound business practices and P&L skills
· Proven ability to achieve objectives, set in a changing, cost sensitive environment.
· A talent for marketing, with experience in developing and implementing effective marketing plans using digital and print media.
· I.T. literacy
· A working knowledge and application of appropriate legislation including:
o General all-round knowledge of the legislative framework applying to small and medium sized businesses.
o Procurement & managing contracts and suppliers.
o Health & Safety, COSSH
o Child Protection & Safeguarding
o General Data Protection legislation. For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.worsleygolfclub.co.uk A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role. To apply, please send an email highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV and details of your current role and remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org,
If you would prefer to apply by post, please enclose the information in a letter marked Private & Confidential to:
Hon Secretary, Worsley Golf Club, Stableford Avenue, Monton, Manchester, M30 8AP Application deadline: Friday 7th May 2021.